Make a donation

Forum News

Forum Donations 2024
on February 25, 2024, 11:16:50 am
HI Guys

Its been over a year since our last request for donations. The forum kitty is empty again  :scared:

I have setup another donation page. The donate banner should also take you to the donation page.

Thanks again for your support  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/94nqyg0CUY

You can also send paypal payments (as gift) to donate(at)mk5golfgti.co.uk as paypal takes a cut on donations to money pools.
Re: Tdi 4mo
Last Poster: Vecridorm in Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:53:12 pm
The specs are the following,
Duel climate, heated cloth seats with armrest, fog lights, heated and folding mirrors, Ronal alloys, 4motion gen 2 haldex.
Bkd 16v engine, just done 150k. Runs brilliant, new Dmf + clutch, scrap yard gearbox on 83k fitted.

Re: Full K04 Conversion Intercooler hoses
Last Poster: GVK in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:45:19 pm
Does the IC have bead rolled flanges? Have you tried hair spray on the pipes to help them grip the pipes? Just a couple of suggestions  :happy2:

Re: Spluttering over 5000 revs as if not receiving enough fuel. Fault codes listed
Last Poster: K03MK5 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:36:35 pm
Hi, I have a stage 2+ k04 swap conversion running 345bhp.  They found the inlet manifold runner and inlet valves to be heavily soiled with carbon build (with proof) also expect injectors to be soiled to.  Advised walnut blasting and injectors to be cleaners.  Got a quote £850 all in.

Re: Mk5 gti 2006/ smoke coming from small nipple on the valve cover
Last Poster: Hansandersmk5 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:00:40 pm
I reckon someone has drilled through the hole, or a run a screw through it thinking bolts were missing from the coil pack harness, but VW never secured it down from the factory. nbsp It just rested over those nubs on the rocker cover.

Ah okey i understand it . But does it affec

Re: Gearbox oil suggestions
Last Poster: Vecridorm in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 07:43:57 pm
The genuine oil is super thin, designed to improve cold shifts, and it is the best stuff for that without question. nbsp However, it'#039s not that cold the UK and with an older box with loads of miles on it, you can get away with aftermarket stuff. Redline gear oils work really well but they'#039re not chea

Re: Genuine cam follower unavailable
Last Poster: Rado16v in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:41:48 pm
I'#039ve been wanting to do mine again, must be around 50k miles on the current one.

Is this the recommended INA cam follower:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285986386821

They have another list

Re: Mk6 Golf R Swap
Last Poster: pudding in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 11:57:52 am
Well done, thats quite the retrofit  :happy2:

If you can't find a leaked ELSA wiring diagram source, one of those AutoData type online manuals will probably suffice. They're cheap with a 1 month subscription, which should be enough time to do what you need to do.

Re: CDL Head on BYD engine
Last Poster: pudding in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 11:54:59 am
It will go on, but will need tuning as it has different cams.

Re: WHeel bearing type of noise
Last Poster: pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:23:46 am
You can hear bad rear bearings if you use a long screwdriver as a stethoscope on the hub knuckle whilst rotating the wheel. It'#039s a whirring noise.

The front bearings you can'#039t check for wear until you remove the CV joint. nbsp If you can hear disc rubbing noises when turning at slow speeds, that kind of does indicate a bad front bearing as it'#039s wobbling about under the s

Re: Cam chain idle 26.5KW
Last Poster: pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:13:23 am
Yeah that's fine.  The important thing is the specified and actual track each other when driving, which they do. Idle doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, especially if it's only 1KW off  :happy2:  -4KW is OK. Normally see -3KW after a change job that drops to -4KW with hot oil, so it's fine.

Re: Thermostat questions
Last Poster: PorkPieBandit in Mk5 General Area on September 06, 2024, 04:56:39 pm
That o-ring should be replaced with the new thermostat......I would fit a genuine one, as it is a time consuming job.

I did mine a couple of months ago with gen parts, but also changed my 2005 plumb

Re: Window Tinting
Last Poster: lazy in Mk5 General Area on September 06, 2024, 09:52:32 am
I think it will look better without the strip in the windscreen.
Nice car it looks pretty original.

Re: Recommendations for Cleaning Products
Last Poster: lazy in Mk5 General Area on September 06, 2024, 09:16:19 am
Thanks. I'#039ve already ordered 303 protectant haven'#039t had a chance to use it yet, I always hated those silicone dash sprays so never used to use anything on the interior. I will order some of the Meguires and Fuchs and try them out. I thought about clay barring but changed my mind. I'#039m going to hand polish it and I saw a professional detailer on YouTube recommend Autoglym ceramic

Re: Coolant hoses
Last Poster: lazy in Mk5 General Area on September 06, 2024, 08:56:40 am
I ordered one of those recently off TPS but unfortunately I won't be able to get you the part number until Monday. I can tell you it was roughly £50 and if you want the plastic adapter that goes through the bulkhead that's roughly an extra £15.

Re: Scratchdoctor Leather care
Last Poster: lazy in Mk5 General Area on September 06, 2024, 08:47:36 am
Because I'm impatient I didn't wait for any replies to my post and ordered some. I was intending to get it done last week but never got round to it, but don't know whether to bother wasting my time now  :grin:

Re: No power to nearside front and rear doors
Last Poster: Rado16v in Mk5 General Area on September 05, 2024, 09:00:37 pm
Sorted, disconnected the battery for 1hr, reconnected and that fixed it.

Hope it helps someone else in the future.

Diesel Geek Sigma 5 issues
Last Poster: wetwop in Mk5 General Area on September 05, 2024, 07:48:14 pm
Evening,
I'#039m considering buying a sigma 5 kit from Diesel Geek since most of the engine side bushes are worn after and the stick feels horrible. I'#039ve only seen across the board praise of this kit which I tend to be cautious on because Im far too cynical.
Anyone had any issues with these kits? Found they'#039re not all that great? I have noticed the ECS kit has adjustable

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on September 05, 2024, 01:42:18 pm
The old girl had cancer (aka rust) flagged on a recent MOT. It appeared to be a small crusty hole that was not visible (red circle), due to the VW underseal looking perfect and a few suspect looking patches near the plastic skirt adapter

[img width=786 height=362]https://i.postimg.cc/pr1MP5wf/Whats-App-Image-2024-09-04-at-8-14-31-AM.jpg[/

Re: BCS Powervalve exhaust with catch can
Last Poster: christii in Mk5 General Area on September 05, 2024, 12:11:19 am

Re: Selling for spares/repair, how to value the car?
Last Poster: Jons1001 in Mk5 General Area on September 04, 2024, 01:20:17 pm
Guess it's worth diddly squat then  :signLOL:

Tough one isn't it mate as people are just going to see a potential 2k plus bill on a car that is worth around 3k fully working.

Could do an ebay auction if you're feeling brave?! break it for parts?

Shoutbox

Rare Audi & Mercedes 18" Alloys
£1000.00
Postage: £65.00
Delivery or Collection

PLEASE READ THIS AD IN DETAIL

I have for sale 2 complete sets of genuine Audi + Mercedes alloy wheels. THE PRICES ARE £1000 FOR EACH COMPLETE SET CONSISTING OF 4 WHEELS. These wheels will fit the MK5 and other platforms in the VAG range.

PLEASE SEE BELOW WHEEL SPECIFICATION

MERCEDES SEGIN:
5X112 STUD PATTERN
8JX18
ET44
PART NO: A2204012502
FULLY REFURBISHED, NO WELDS, NO BUCKLED, NO DAMAGE.
PRICE: £1000.00

AUDI A8 W12 MONOBLOCKS:
5X112 STUD PATTERN
8JX18
ET48
FULLY REFURBISHED, NO WELDS, NO BUCKLED, NO DAMAGE.
PRICE: £1000.00

I'm not on this platform very often, having sold my Golf, so drop me a call/text for any further details/pictures. PHONE NUMBER-07772480088
Ford transit connect van
£1500.00
Collection Only

Ford transit connect van for sale 56 reg
Full mot
1.8 diesel engine
4 recently new tyres
Cam belt done
New clutch and cylinder
New engine mounts
New gear box  mounts
New osf drive shaft..
Polished and cleaned up the head lights and fitted performance head light bulbs
6 owners
Rear boarded out
In our ownership been very light work carrying laundry
Starts first time in the mornings even during winter months...
Advised osf roll bar link..on mot
Note on the bonnet the lacquer is peeling of
£1500 ono
0735 9456550
Mk6 GTI OEM full exhaust
£200.00
Collection Only

Full mk6 GTI OEM cat back exhaust.

Removed at approx. 35k miles from my own car.

In good condition as low mileage would suggest.

£200
Collection. Lincoln Ln1
KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop
£325.00
Postage: £20.00
Delivery or Collection

KW ST shocks & springs 20mm drop for a mk5 VW Golf Gti.
Used for under 6k miles.
Putting car back to standard.
Collection or Postage extra.
Can deliver locally for petrol money.
FOLKESTONE, KENT.
£325
Edition 30 Rear Valance -Pearl Black (Genuine Part)
£80.00
Collection Only

For Sale is my old Pearl Black Edition 30 rear valance. This clips into the upper section of your rear bumper.
This was removed from my golf due someone backing into me at low speed causing surface cracks. (they offered to pay for a new valance)

The surface cracks are around the the number plate area which I've tried to photo the best i can.

The exhaust surround has been bonded back on by the body shop after an encounter with a high kerb a few years ago.

There are storage scratches on the paintwork so will need respraying. You will also need a towing eye cover.

All clips to clip the valance upper bumper section are intact and there is no sign of warping.

This is a genuine valance and was fitted to my ED30 from the factory.
  • users Users: 0
  • guests Guests: 315